Winter has come to a close here in Colorado. That doesn’t mean we’re hanging up the tools – I’ve been ice climbing in RMNP as late as mid-June – but it does signify a change, a time to slow down and look back. We had a cold winter this year, and I put together a quality ice season.
This is not usually this type of blog, but since I didn’t write about a great many of these climbs, we’re just gonna wrap them all up here.
- Days Out (so far): 41
- Number of unique partners: 12
- Number of unique regions visited: 8
- Favorite venue: Rocky Mountain National Park (12 days)
Top Partners (by # of days out together):
- Meg K.
- Aaron G.
- Lacee A.
- Enrico C.
- The Fang, WI5, Vail
- All Mixed Up, WI4, 4 pitches, Rocky Mountain National Park
- Brain Freeze, M5+, 8 pitches, Rocky Mountain National Park
- Enter the Dragon, M4, 6 pitches, Rocky Mountain National Park
- Stairway to Heaven, 7 pitches, WI4, Silverton
- Skylight, 2 pitches, WI4+, Ouray